join the team
Be a pivotal developer in a small but highly skilled team, choosing technologies and applying your diverse skills to an innovative analytics platform.
We are disrupting how people and businesses make purchasing decisions. Our Billmonitor service has analysed over 1 million bills so far, helping people make informed choices based on their data. We’re now focussed on our new service, Billmonitor for Business, and we need great developers to improve and maintain it. For this you'll get to work with the best, in a respectful and professional environment of continuous improvement. You'll choose the right tools for the job, with good pay and enough equity to dwarf your salary if we get it right. We value creativity, adaptability and quiet precision and are looking for the right people to expand our team.
To join us you'll need exceptionally strong Python skills, together with experience of DevOps, and you'll enjoy working in a rigorous analytical culture. A keen interest in full-stack development would be great to see. You'll be involved with all facets of our software.
You’ll be working in our offices in heart of Oxford, but from home whenever it’s more productive.
If you'd like us to consider your application, please email us at email@example.com providing your CV and meaningful code we can review, ideally as github/bitbucket/geeklist repos. Thank you.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent Python in a team environment, either commercial or OSS
- Linux/DevOps skills - focussed on sysadmin, networking & security
- BSc (2.1 or above) in a numerate field e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics
- Rigour - demonstrable analytical skills
- Presentation and communication skills
Mostly, though, you'll enjoy working in a "Lean Startup" culture in a tightly knit team, embracing change and thinking creatively, then implementing with extreme precision and unusual skill. You'll probably have a couple of years of commercial heavy lifting under your belt.
- Experience in building and maintaining scalable, robust and high-availability services
- AWS (we use boto) and Docker
- MongoDB administration, memcached and MySQL
- Webdev skills: AngularJS/Ruby on Rails/NodeJS/CSS3/HTML5/design
- Test Driven Development (we use unittest, nosetest)
- Continuous Integration (we use Jenkins)
About Optimor Ltd
Optimor is an atypical dev shop, drawing on advanced research at Oxford University (two professors of statistics show us how it should be done), with superb engineering and a working ethos of Lean/Kanban continuous improvement. We value craftsmanship, agility and careful professionalism, avoiding waste and "overburden".
Is this what you're after? Then please send us a summary at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why it appeals, and what you can offer. Expect it to be read by busy programmers, so please be succinct.